Following the pattern of the universally acclaimed Yeshayah / Isaiah, this new volume includes:
- •The universally acclaimed ArtScroll translation
• A clear, broad-ranging, graceful commentary
• Newly typeset Hebrew commentaries of Rashi, Radak, and Metzudos
• Overview explaining the role of the prophets
• Introductions and explanations of concepts and prophecies
• Lightweight, opaque, acid-free paper; reinforced, sturdy binding
• Gilded page headings; Ribbon place marker
Jeremiah was given the saddest and hardest of all missions: For 40 years he warned a stubborn nation that they were heading for destruction — unless they heeded his pleas to repent. The Temple alone could not protect them! Egypt’s promises to defend Jerusalem were worthless! Only Hashem could help them — and He would, but only if they repented!
What was the response? Jeremiah was ridiculed and reviled. The scroll of his prophecy was slashed and burned. And he was actually imprisoned and threatened with death for saying the unpopular.
But the underlying message of Jeremiah is that destruction will be followed by redemption. Israel will always survive and thrive again. There may be a Nebuchadnezzar, but there will also be a Messiah. Israel’s enemies will disappear in ignominy. And no matter how far Israel may fail — they always remain the people of Hashem and Hashem remains their God. So ultimately Jeremiah is a Book of hope and inspiration.
This brilliant, elevating work belongs in every Jewish library!